Monday, January 19, 2009

Weekend Report

Recovering From:
-Adam working for a friend from Friday 6pm-Sunday 6am (mind you this is after already working at his real job).
-Terrible Colds. Me and the littles. We used AT LEAST 1 box of kleenex this weekend.
-The threat of a 1 hour and 30 minute wait (at NTB) for a new car battery with my littles sans husband.
-$174.99 price tag for said battery
-me +babysitting +movie -movie, Last Chance Harvey, being sold out = wasted babysitting

Thankful for:
-Lori at NTB. She put me on the waiting list, but let me run home to drop off groceries. Total wait.. time it took for me to walk with littles to the nearest Jumba Juice and back (less than 30 minutes).
-Nice man that put my grocery cart away at Sam's Club, because "you have little ones in the car"-- bless you kind man, bless you.
-Weekend kid swap. I got 4 hours to myself to sort through bills (see above) and an unexpected quick snack (me lemon tarte, her grand marnier souffle) with a friend (delightful).
-Adam climbing into bed with me Sunday at 6:14 am after a long weekend away.

and finally..

**sorry for the terrible photo

-Lulu in Cowboy boots with a fluffy skirt. She picked out the outfit with no input from me. That's my girl.

6 comments:

Tasha said...

What a weekend! I wish I were there to take up some of that husbandless time.

I will be there in 1 month and 4 days! Can't wait!

Kaycee said...

Was the battery for the Jetta? The Puffs Plus with Lotion that you get at Sam's Club are the best tissues for runny noses. Rest up and I hope you feel better soon.

wandering nana said...

Did you take pictures of the outfit? Sorry about the battery but now you will have piece of mind that your car will start.

Jill said...

Oh the pain of being excited to see a movie only to have it be sold out!

michelle said...

Good update.

Love Lulu's skirt! And the kindness of strangers. And I would have a hard time choosing between a lemon tart and a Grand Marnier soufflé...

christie said...

Lara, she is so cute. I am sure you've heard this before, but she looks just like you! I am having flashbacks from our childhood. I am glad to see she has inherited your amazing sense of style. All she needs now is a purse!