Friday, August 12, 2011

August 12x12

I just about missed my 12x12 because even though I wrote myself a big note, I forgot to take my camera with me. I had my phone though, so it all worked out in the end. I used the instagram app, which was new for me. I like it, but I hate that once you pick the filter you can't change it.

1 my daily fix. 2 I got this sticker a couple of weeks ago. it makes me laugh. 3 my brother in law just got back from Ghana and brought back bracelets for us. he always brings back the coolest stuff. 4 our lawn is taking a beating with 40 days of 100 degree weather. anything that is shaded is staying green, but everything else is yellow. 5 my desk at work is always a disaster. after 3 weeks of vacation i'm VERY behind. 6 adam and the kids played catch for a few minutes before bedtime tonight. 7 i got edamame for lunch. delicious. 8 the kids were excited to see adam. he was busy at work so he finally rolled in after 7. 9 adam traded in our old pilot while i was in utah. because of all the flooding in the midwest there are no used pilots in the area. they called and wanted us to consider trading ours in for a new one. adam happily obliged. 10 putting the kids to work making dinner. 11 i had to meet one of our pharmacist to get a patient's prescription. it is a pain because the doors are all badge activated and only employees of Children's hospital have badges. you have to wait for the door to open in order to come from one hospital to the next. luckily i was on the right side of the door. 12 i checked to see what time we need to wake up in order to see the Perseid Meteor Shower. the kids wanted to see what it will look like, so we watched a little video. in a crazy twist of events it actually rained last night (it has been months since we have seen rain) and there were too many clouds to see anything.

6 comments:

kylee said...

bahhaaa. make dinner not war! that has got to be the best sign ever created. meteor shower?! gosh i love shooting stars.

Anonymous said...

We're only just starting to get rain here too (just out side of Toronto) after brutally hot weather. Should have taken a photo of the lawn! Looks like you had a great, full, day :) Hope things cool down a bit for you, soon!

trulymegs said...

Three weeks of vacation? Lucky duck!

Kathryn said...

Moon's too full right now anyway, can't see many stars, even when it's not raining...

Tasha said...

I'm so sad it didn't work out to see you while you were here. The only downside of St. George is its not just a quick trip to SLC like before. I'll see you in a few weeks!

wandering nana said...

Can't believe the lawn.... nice pictures.