Thursday, January 12, 2012

Another Year of 12x12- January 2012

1. i planted my paperwhites ridiculously late, so they are just now peaking.
2. i drove art class today. love these girlies. although i don't love the screaming or girl drama!
3. ted insisted i put together all of his helicopters. we have had lego parts spread throughout the house all week.
4. we took adam's brother to one of the best burger joints in our town. love this place.
5. ted's hook at school.
6. ted and i stopped and picked up a little refreshment for ourselves.
7. adam's older brother was in town so we met him for dinner. i love it when family visits. ted was enamored!
8. his brother's hotel was in an area of town we never go to. we noticed these long horn statues as we were driving by and i insisted adam stop so we could get a picture.
9. getting gas. it was so cold i sat in the car and waited. brrr i forgot how cold texas can be in the winter.
10. ted and one of his little buddies from school.
11. my desk is a disaster-- as usual.
12. by ted. he did a pretty good job.

11 comments:

Meili said...

Your lego shot is my favorite. Probably because I can relate, as I have two small boys. And I love Adam's bowtie!

Kimberlee said...

Your paperwhites are beautiful. Perfect for mid January even if you had to plant them late to get them to bloom now.

brent said...

Two items:

(1) In re: No. 9: It is not cold in Dallas. It may be comparatively colder in the winter there than it is in the summer, but it is not ever legitimately cold in Dallas. Ever.

(2) Your far more egregious sin, however, is that you think that Twisted Root is a good burger joint. The saddest thing about that, for me, is that Twisted Root is located across the street from the best burger in Dallas--the Dancing Marlin/Angry Dog--and you are apparently choosing it instead. I mean seriously, I don't feel like I even know you any more.

TX Girl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TX Girl said...

Adam wanted me to tell you...

"Dallas is a progressive place where we try new things- nothing like the backwoods country hick town full of actual angry dogs where you live."

And I'd like to add:

It does get cold in Dallas and you know it. We had some kind of arctic blast roll through here yesterday.

Laura said...

Oh I love your shot of your flowers how fun that you have flowers in Jan.

Hammy said...

Shoot! I forgot I was going to do it this year! I even remembered on the 10th, but forgot the 12th. (I was so excited to do 12x12 for 2012.)

TX Girl said...

Carrie- that would have been a great photo!

kylee said...

nothing beats a good burger. really though - nothing. except maybe ice cream. i don't know what it is, but getting gas is hands down the worst chore ever. and yes i call it a chore because quite fankly it is. even when the weather is nice out - i still don't like getting gas.

Tasha said...

You and Adam look great and you may just have a budding photographer on you hands, Teddy did a GREAT job of taking that picture!

Video Teraveloka said...

Dengan Cara Mengunduh Aplikasi yang telah disediakan kamu dapat bermain dengan santai dan nyaman dimana sajakamu ingin Main Poker Online Indonesia. Namun satu hal yang harus kamu perhatikan (Baca Selengkapnya...)