Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Moment of Peace


December 8 Moment of peace. An hour or a day or a week of solitude. What was the quality of your breath? The state of your mind? How did you get there?

there is something like that out there? i just assumed it was one of those elusive concepts.

today. this year. its a different time and season. moments of peace aren't necessarily quiet, but rather:

ted climbing into bed and saying- let me tell you something, but to him it's just a phrase
, so the something never comes. he follows it with a hug or a kiss. i ask him if he wants a ___ and he says "sure. be right back."

or lulu demanding something in her 5 year old bossy voice. moments later she comes back, professes her love for me and tells me i look pretty.

or adam having a little down time and willingly spends it running menial errands or other such nonsense.

funny. i wouldn't have thought to attach the word peace to describe these moments.. but isn't it?

2 comments:

Jill said...

You're definitely right about these being moments of peace. My friend Jenn blogged about similar moments in her household being her moments of peace as well. I love reading about these.

michelle said...

This is great. I especially loved Teddy's "let me tell you something..." where the something never comes. I guess that's not the important part, just making the connection with you!

My peace definitely comes in moments.