Saturday, January 03, 2009

Recap of 2008



1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Wore Mickie Mouse hats at Disneyland for an ENTIRE day with Adam.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I really never make resolutions because I always seem to fail in completing them. Although this year I'm looking at it in a whole new way (thanks Amy M.) .

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Several friends and my sister in law

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No one necessarily close, but President Gordon B. Hinckley (my church's prophet) died this year and the loss of a prophet always seems like the loss of a friend.

5. What countries did you visit?
NONE- can you believe it.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
I'd like to be content and a REAL budget.

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The day Adam received his commitment letter for his Pediatric Fellowship. The day I lost Africa for THIS year.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Going to the gym semi (cough) regularly. Don't judge me Carrie.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Not sticking to my goal of 4 days a week at the gym. I'm working on it, I'm working.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
My lupus was much more active this year, but overall I was healthy.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
My beautiful, gorgeous piece of art.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I know, it is cliche, but Barack Obama. I'm also in total awe of all the bloggers that came to the aid of the Nielson Family. The world is really good.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
All the fat cats in business (no offense to my friends in business).

14. What did you spend most of your money on?
Dental work for Lulu.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The prospect of Adam completing his residency... 11 years people (well including medical school). Only 2 more to go.

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
The City by Joe Purdy. I'm sure I played it at least 1,000 times this year.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? 
b) thinner or fatter? 
c) richer or poorer?
I guess happier, fatter, and even.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
laughing, smiling,

19. What do you wish you’d done less of? loafing

20. Did you fall in love in 2008? Yes. I'm in love with all the blogs I've discovered and the many pretty little things that are out there.

21. What was your favorite TV program? Pushing Daisies (oh the sadness) and Arrested Development.. STEVE HOLT.

22. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? The executives at ABC for canceling Pushing Daisies.

23. What was the best book you read? Same Kind of Different As Me by Ron Hall and Denver Moore.

24. What was your greatest musical discovery? Joe Purdy

25. What did you want and get? A trip to California with girlfriends.

26. What did you want and not get? A trip to Africa.

27. What was your favorite film of this year? I loved Slumdog Millionaire (I know it is rated R, but I still think everyone should see it), I also loved the Cursious Case of Benjamin Button, and Once (after a second viewing). And only because I still laugh regularly- Tropic Thunder. I know!

28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? How pathetic- I have NO IDEA. I turned 33.

29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Regular exercise

30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? Much more colorful than years past.

31. What kept you sane? Perspective!

6 comments:

Hammy said...

I didn't realize your gym goal was four times a week. I'm just really glad for our regular Tues/Thurs attendance. At least we are there twice!

Amy said...

Lara! I have to applaud you for having the, I don't know, courage, to admit that some of your favorite movies of the year were rated R! I was going to do a post about my favorite non-Christmas movies this year, but felt embarrassed that they were mostly R-rated. May I have the courage to admit it this year! ;)

Natasha said...

Obama? C'mon. . . I thought I liked you . . .
No seriosuly, this is a neat way of recaping the year!

Jill said...

I need to do this meme but am feeling a little daunted about it, especially because 2008 didn't turn out to be the year I thought it was going to be.

I'm sorry you lost Africa.

michelle said...

I cannot believe you didn't go to another country last year!

I still want to see Slumdog Millionaire.

amy gretchen said...

I can't believe you didn't visit a country this year. It seems so against everything you stand for. So here's to hoping you get that trip to Africa and a trip with girlfriends.

I'm really glad you like the quote. I found it very inspiring.

I really want to see Benjamin Button...I've heard nothing but good things.