Monday, October 24, 2011

October 12x12

This was one of those months I was really thankful for this 12x12 project. Honestly, if it wasn't my 12x12 day, I would have had a very different day. We were leaving for Boston early the next morning and I still had a million things to do. Work has been maddening the last couple of weeks, so knowing that I wasn't going to be at work for 4 days required me to complete everything on my to do list and leaving early just wasn't the best idea. BUT, because it was my 12x12 I threw caution to the wind, ran around like a maniac and left (albeit it late) to meet my girlfriend and head to the Texas State Fair.

1 halloween decorations adorn our front porch. i need to pick up pumpkins, but because our doorway is full sun ALL DAY LONG they usually only last a week before turning to mush. 2 fletcher corny dogs are classic state fair food. we tried fried pickles this year. they were okay. 3 the crew with the scariest clown around. 4 some friends of ours make a sizable donate to the science museum at the fairgrounds, so when the state fair rolls around they get a parking pass that could only be described as pure gold. no parking hassles. no parking or entrance fees. parking right on the grounds. seriously, PURE GOLD. 5 lulu and her friend maren made up this funny little song and dance. they decided to perform it for us. 6 my morning jolt. 7 of course we bought tickets to see the two headed creatures. we refused to let the kids go on any rides, because that would have been a nightmare, but i think seeing the smallest turtle in the world AND a two headed snake is pretty awesome. 8 adam was post call so he came home early. he was going to go with us, but instead he was a champ, he stayed home and did a couple of the things we needed to do before leaving for boston. we took a photo, because a few weeks ago we were looking through our photo gallery and realized there are a couple of years in our marriage that we didn't take one single photo of just the two of us during the year. 9 we always venture to the livestock barns. i learned a lot about show cows and whatnot. i am slowly realizing i talk to A LOT of strangers and i am completely my father. 10 the bane of my existence. i have to fax forms throughout the day and unfortunately it isn't right next to my desk, so i spend the bulk of the day walking back and forth between my desk and this albatross. 11 the kids always love the "little hands farm" at the fair. they were in the process of digging a hole to plant their seeds. 12 love the texas state ferris wheel.

although it wasn't the best idea it ended up being just what i needed. thankfully my sweet friend forgave me for being 45 minutes late. yikes! whoever said a working mom can do it all is either lying or is far better organized than i am.

4 comments:

Hammy said...

So fun, and totally worth the $0 we spent to get there!!! (Although I spent $20 on food.) No question, that green sticker is pure gold.

M was singing the song and doing the dance today.

And that working mom was totally lying. (Or she has a housekeeper, nanny, and cook.)

Amy said...

I like your 12x12s. That whole "do-it-all" thing is a big lie. There are always trade-offs.

shawna b. said...

Well hello, Lara! Been too long. It looks like life is bustling and busy and beautiful ... and a little bit crazy with work and kids and the whole bit. Just as it should be. I like your 12X12 photos. Such a great idea! Heading this way any time soon? My door's always open.

Happy November!

Video Teraveloka said...

Dengan Cara Mengunduh Aplikasi yang telah disediakan kamu dapat bermain dengan santai dan nyaman dimana sajakamu ingin Main Poker Online Indonesia. Namun satu hal yang harus kamu perhatikan (Baca Selengkapnya...)