Sunday, November 13, 2011

November 12x12

It just so happened that on the day of my November 12x12 I was flying home from Seattle via Salt Lake. I wish I would have taken more pictures in the airport, but I wasn't interested in an interview with Homeland Security and although I arrived in plenty of time to make my flight out of Seattle it took forever and the kids and I were running to catch our plane. Thankfully I have two well seasoned travelers. We were also running to catch our plane in Salt Lake, but that had more to do with me thinking we were leaving an hour later than we were and one too many diet cokes at Hires Big H. Luckily my brother in law has taken lessons at the speedway so we made it with plenty of time. I loved having a layover and getting a quick peek at the family. Too bad it wasn't for a longer visit.

1 the kids and i were coming home from spending a week in Seattle with my parents/attending a work conference. the clouds flying into SLC were crazy. it was a bumpy ride. 2 we had about a 3 1/2 hour layover and since it was my big sisters ..40th birthday the week before, my brother in law planned a little impromptu family gathering. it was great, because i got to see my other sister and her family and my cousins family. he happens to be married to one of my really good friends. an added bonus: i got to eat at one of my favorite places. maybe it is more of a nostalgia thing for me, but i really do love a good big H. 3 aren't these kids adorable? 4 on our way to the airport in seattle, we passed this truck on the freeway. the owner had his dog wearing a pair of googles. my mom thought it was awfully kind of the man to make sure his dog could see while in the back of the truck. i thought it would have been a bit nicer of the owner to put the dog in the cabin. especially since it was chilly. this gave my kids hours of retelling humor. 5 jenn and jake picked us up at the airport. ted kept asking jenn if she was 40. i thought it was funny. 6 we landed just in time for the snowstorm. lulu and her cousin reise went outside to catch snowflakes on their tongues. 7 saying good bye to my mom and dad and mctavish. they always take such great care of us when we come to town. 8 it was ted's turn to have the window seat. 9 my kids loved having a dog around.. me, not so much! 10 the u of u was playing ucla and hires big h was packed with bundled utah fans headed to the game. i had to show my utah pride. i wish i would have thought ahead and had ted in his utah garb. 11 my cute sister and her family. 12 as we walked off the plane we started stripping off the layers of clothing we had on. i got in the car and noticed it was 71 degrees at 9 pm. talk about going from one extreme to the next. no wonder my sinuses are driving me crazy today!


5 comments:

kylee said...

seattle! i have always wanted to visit there! i've driven down to hires between classes for a little lunch break before and loved every minute of it. nothing beats a good burger in the middle of a school day. ahh that game really was SOOO cold. i thought my toes might literally break off but in the end it was totally worth it. it's such a fun atmosphere being there at those games. that is quite the temperature change! freezing cold snow to dreamy 70 degree sunshine.

Laura said...

How fun that you got to be with family this weekend.

Tasha said...

Miss u, busy gal!

wandering nana said...

I'm glad you got the picture of the dog with the googles. So glad you made your flight.

Video Teraveloka said...

Dengan Cara Mengunduh Aplikasi yang telah disediakan kamu dapat bermain dengan santai dan nyaman dimana sajakamu ingin Main Poker Online Indonesia. Namun satu hal yang harus kamu perhatikan (Baca Selengkapnya...)