Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Ted's Birthday Decor

It was Ted's birthday this past week and we threw him a cowboy themed party. Thankfully there are great websites out there for creatively challenged folks like myself, so we too can thrown a fantastic party for our littles. All ideas and genius for this party belong to this gal. Brilliant! I also stole a few ideas from this lovely lady.

My only regret- not having someone on hand to take photos. It was too nuts for either me or Adam to take thoughtful pictures of the event. BOO. Also, we both thought the other had taken a couple of shots so.. the pictures of the table are rushed and terrible and strangely there are very few pictures of our own children. Awesome!




In addition to the two creative genius mentioned above, I have another in my back pocket. Everyone should have an Emily. I called her with the most random and ridiculous questions and every time she would immediately respond with precisely whom I needed to call and what I needed to get. Not only was she my go to girl, but she designed every bit of the invitation and came up with the cute delivery for each of them. Love that girl.

I loved these little stumps of wood with horses on them. If you could have only seen the crazy looks when I made a rather impromptu visit to a friend that was in the process of cutting down her beautiful 100 year old tree (it was diseased) and asked her if I could have a one of the logs. Adam also gave me a crazy look when he saw the log too. Although he willingly used a hand saw to cut bits and pieces off in our back yard.

The photo of Ted makes me laugh every time. And daisies, aren't they just the friendliest of flowers?


The Menu:

Pulled pork sandwiches
Chips
Carrots and dip
IBC Root Beer
Vanilla cupcakes with chocolate ganache


The little gift bags contained western themed wristbands, the long horn magnet the kids each painted upon arrival to the party, a silver badge, salt water taffy, and a little horse.


The birthday cake

2 comments:

Jill said...

Everything looks so great! I especially love the invitations with his picture on them.

Emily said...

Well everyone needs a Lara. Someone who thinks on my same wavelength, and can actually execute these great parties.